NAUMC Summer Family Service Project!
August 1, 4-7 pm at the
New Albany Farmer's Market
You, your friends and the whole family are invited to come serve and drink homemade lemonade at the New Albany Farmer's Market. We will distribute fresh squeezed lemonade to the people at the market for donations. All money raised at this event will help support the Imagine No Malaria project through the West Ohio Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Imagine No Malaria is a denomination-wide effort to eradicate deaths due to malaria on the continent of Africa. Deveral years ago a child died of malaria every 30 seconds. Due to efforts of the United Methodist Church and our partners, that tragedy has been improved to 1 every 60 seconds. But, that is still not acceptable for the missionally focused people here. Come out to the Farmer's Market on August 1 and help us in our effort to continue to eradicate this disease. For more information about this great ministry check out www.imaginenomalaria.com .
Come for an hour, come for all three hours! Just come serve in ministry with your church and help support this great ministry.
If you have any questions about this fun and meaningful service project, please email (click here) Keri Schmidt
Serving God's people is a meaningful way to share your gifts and graces.
Jesus said: For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. And then he said: "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."
Go Ministries is a direct response to Jesus' challenge in Matthew 25 to go and meet the needs of God's people. Through GO, we serve our local and global communities and share the love and grace of God in tangible ways. Below are some examples of what we do in GO.
- Faith Mission -- Join us in preparing, serving, and sharing a meal with Columbus' hungry and homeless.
- The Open Shelter of Columbus -- Help us prepare and deliver over 100 lunches for the homeless.
- Hispanic Ministry -- Help us help others by providing loving and safe child care for Hispanic parents while they learn English.
CLICK HERE to watch a video about one important ministry through which you can support our brothers and sisters in the Hispanic community.
- W.A.R.M. Westerville Area Resource Ministry -- We collect and donate money and 100 lbs of food every month to this important local ministry.
- 3 Sisters Community Garden -- Come and get your hands dirty with us while providing important and healthy food for local ministries.
- Jamaica Mission through CSI ministries
- Mountain Top
- Transformational Zone(T-Zone)
- Jackson Area Rescue Ministry -- An outreach ministry through the General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church
Serving God in the Community through Outreach
- Meal Preparation for Faith Missions
- Adena -- Adult Day Enrichment at New Albany. Providing day care for older adults in a safe, family-like setting.
- 30 Hour Famine -- Ministry to raise awareness of world hunger
- Hispanic Ministries
- Community Garden at Church of the Saviour
- Westerville Estates
- Jamaica Missions
- Mountaintop Ministries
- T Zone Ministry
Serving God at Church
We have immediate needs for help in:
- Computer and Technology assistance for office and internet
- Worship Hospitality Team
- Audio, Video and Lighting assistance at the Redemption! worship service.
- Photography and Videography
- Adult Youth Group leaders
- Children's Ministry Volunteer -- please contact Amy Wood at email@example.com
- Chancel Choir and Bell Choir -- Please contact Matt Zabiegala at firstname.lastname@example.org
In an effort to continue to grow our Go ministry and our faiths, we are constantly looking for new and different ways to serve God's people.
Greater involvement with Habitat for Humanity
- Development of an adult work camp experience
- More opportunities for international missions.